22 Aralık 2012 Cumartesi

Used to


Used to



We use 'used to' for something that happened regularly in the past but no longer happens.
·         I used to smoke a packet a day but I stopped two years ago.
·         Ben used to travel a lot in his job but now, since his promotion, he doesn't.
·         I used to drive to work but now I take the bus.
We also use it for something that was true but  no longer is.
·         There used to be a cinema in the town but now there isn't.
·         She used to have really long hair but she's had it all cut off.
·         I didn't use to like him but now I do.
Complete the sentences by using the correct form of the simple present or used to.
1. I ___________(not play) computer games when I was a child, but now I ____________ (play) a lot of games in the evenings.
2. Mike _____________ (not smoke) before going to the army.
3. There _____________ (be) three parks in our village, but now now there ___________(be) only one.
4. Murat ____________(like) cheeseburgers, but now he ____________(eat) healthty food.
5. She _____________(not cook) before she got married, but now she ___________(cook) every evening.
6. Alex ______________ (not have) a mobile phone, but now he ___________ (send) text messages easily.
7. When I was single, I _____________(have) big parties in my house, but now I ___________(watch) TV in the evenings.
8. When I was in Istanbul, I ___________ (watch) Fenerbahçe’s matches at the stadium. Now I ___________ (watch) on TV every weekend.
9. A: _____________ you ____________ (drink) a glass of milk every morning when you were a child?
B: Yes, I did, but now I ______________ (drink) a cup of coffee every morning.
10. My sister_____________(love) classical music, but she ____________(hate) it when she was younger.
KEY: 1. didn’t use to play / plays  2. didn’t use to smoke  3. used to be / is  4. used to like / eats  5. didn’t use to / cooks  6. didn’t use to have / sends  7. used to have / watch  8. used to watch / watch 9. Did you use to drink / drink  10. loves / used to hate


Complete the sentences with the affirmative, negative or interrogative form of used to and the words in brackets.
used to,        didn't use to,           didn't use to,          Did they use to,                used to,                did you use to,                      didn't use to,            used to
Formun Üstü
1. David Beckhamplay for Manchester United.score
2. Wehave a computer, but we do now.score
3. (they) work together?score
4. That restaurantbe a clothes shop.score
5. Shelike him, but now they're married.score
6. Where(you) go to school?score
7. Therebe a police station here.score
8. Ilike vegetables, but I do now.score



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder