1 Aralık 2012 Cumartesi

Can/ Can not


Modal verbs: CAN / CAN’T

We use ‘can’ to talk about ‘possibility’.
  • Can you do that?
  • I can’t manage to do that.
  • You can leave your car in that parking space.
  • You cannot smoke in here.
We use ‘can’ to talk about ‘ability’.
  • I can speak French.
  • I can’t drive.
We use ‘can’ to ask for and give permission. 
  • Can I speak to you or are you too busy?
  • You can use my phone.
  • You can’t come in.
ModalExampleUses
Can

They can live where they want .

We can’t fix it. No podemos arreglarlo

Can I smoke here?

Can you help me?

Ability / Possibility

Inability / Impossibility

Asking for permission

Request 

Add can or can't to the following sentences.

Example: You can speak English.
1. Monkeys  talk.
2. Pigs  fly.
3. I  play the piano., but Cory can't.
4. You  go on vacation. It's too expensive.
5.  I borrow some money?
6. I don't know the answer.  you tell me?
7. Tony  come tonight, he's too busy.
8. Jim makes great food. He  cook really well.
9. Excuse me, we  see the movie.
10. It's too noisy. We  study well.

Correct answers:
1. can't
2. can't
3. can
4. can't
5. Can
6. Can
7. can't
8. can
9. can't
10. can't

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder