23 Aralık 2012 Pazar

Should 'giving advice'

 Should and Shouldn't - Use 


·                     We use should and shouldn't to give advice or to talk about what we think is right or wrong.
·                     You should means something like I think it is a good idea for you to do it.
·                     You shouldn't means something like I think it is a bad idea for you to do it.
·                     Should is used to express the opinion of a speaker and often follows I thinkor I don't think.

Examples

     You look tired. I think you should take a few days off.

     Alice works very long hours. She should to talk to her boss.

     - I have an English test tomorrow.
     - I shouldn't worry if I were you. You have worked really hard.

     - I never have enough money.
     - I don't think you should go out so much.
Read the sentences. Write should or shouldn´t

1)If it´s rainy you ………………………take an umbrella.
2)Tom   …………………………… eat so many lollipops. It´s bad for his teeth.
3) a) ……………………………. I drink hot tea if I have a sore throat?
    b) Yes, you …………………………….
4) They have a test tomorrow. They …………………………….  go to the cinema . They ………………….. stay at home and study!
5) Children …………………….. eat  lots of vegetables but they  …………………… eat lots of sweets.
6) I have a party tonight. What……………………………  I wear?  A dress or a pair of trousers?
7) The doctor said: "_ You …………………………..  eat healthy food. You ………………………. eat fast food. You ………………………… watch so much  TV. You ………………….. walk 1 hour a day. You …………………. drink fruit juice and water. You …………………………. drink wine or beer


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder