14 Mart 2013 Perşembe

Simple Past vs Past Perfect Simple


Form


Simple PastPast Perfect Simple
2nd column of irregular verbs
Example:
I spoke
had + 3rd column of irregular verbs
Example:
I had spoken
regular verbs: infinitive + ed
Example:
I worked
regular verbs: form of have + infinitive + ed
Example:
I had worked

Exercise 1

Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Perfect).
  1. When my alarm clock (ring)  in the morning, it (be)  half past five.
  2. After I (switch)  the alarm clock off, I (turn)  around and (fall)  asleep again.
  3. After an hour I (wake)  up again.
  4. When I (look)  at the alarm clock, I (get)  a fright - I (oversleep) .
  5. When I (come)  into the kitchen, I (brush / already)  my teeth.
  6. When I (take / just)  a few bites from my sandwich, I (hurry)  to get dressed.
  7. (rush)  out of the house before I (finish)  my breakfast.
  8. When I (reach)  the bus stop, the bus (leave / already) .
  9. So I (start)  to run.
  10. (run)  about 1 km before I finally (catch)  a taxi.
  11. (arrive)  at the station just a few minutes before my train (depart) .

1 yorum:

  1. Exercise 1

    1. When my alarm clock rang in the morning, it was half past five.
    2. After I had switched the alarm clock off, I turned around and fell asleep again.
    3. After an hour I woke up again.
    4. When I looked at the alarm clock, I got a fright - I had overslept .
    5. When I came into the kitchen, I had already brushed my teeth.
    6. When I had just taken a few bites from my sandwich, I hurried to get dressed.
    7. I rushed out of the house before I had finished my breakfast.
    8. When I reached the bus stop, the bus had already left .
    9. So I started to run.
    10. I had run about 1 km before I finally caught a taxi.
    11. I arrived at the station just a few minutes before my train departed .

    YanıtlaSil