26 Şubat 2013 Salı

Present Perfect Tense II





Simple Present Perfect - Sentences - Exercise 1


Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Use Present Perfect. Mind the signal words (if given).

Example: I ______________ a new T-shirt. (just/to buy)

Answer: I have just bought a new T-shirt.
1) The students  a flight to Vienna. (to book)
2) The cat  a mouse. (just/to catch)
3) Jack and Brian  this picture. (to draw)
4) He  his friends. (already/to invite)
5) Julia  a table with three columns. (to make)
6) My friends  the Geography test. (to pass)
7) I  the rabbits. (just/to feed)
8) The baby hedgehogs  the water. They are sleeping now. (to drink)
9) The teacher  the keys, so he can't open the door. (to lose)
10) We  the worksheets. (already/to download)


Exercise 2

Choose the correct time expression used with the present perfect tense.1. We have lived in this city ………………………… fifteen years. (since / for)
2. She has not ……………………. returned from school. (yet / just)
3. Jane has ………………………. gone out. (just / yet)
4. You have not returned my money ………………………. (already / yet)
5. James has …………………….. arrived in London. (already / yet)
6. I have …………………….. had a call from your mother. (yet / just)
7. She has worked with me ……………………… 2008. (since / for)
8. I haven’t seen him ……………………. two weeks. (since / for)
9. How …………………….. have you known him? (long / much)
10. I have ……………………. completed my homework. (already / yet)

1 yorum:

  1. Simple Present Perfect - Sentences - Exercise 1

    1) The students have booked a flight to Vienna.
    2) The cat has just caught a mouse.
    3) Jack and Brian have drawn this picture.
    4) He has already invited his friends.
    5) Julia has made a table with three columns.
    6) My friends have passed the Geography test.
    7) I have just fed the rabbits.
    8) The baby hedgehogs have drunk the water. They are sleeping now.
    9) The teacher has lost the keys, so he can't open the door.
    10) We have already downloaded the worksheets.


    Exercise 2

    1. We have lived in this city for fifteen years.
    2. She has not yet returned from school.
    3. Jane has just gone out.
    4. You have not returned my money yet.
    5. James has already arrived in London.
    6. I have just had a call from your mother.
    7. She has worked with me since 2008.
    8. I haven’t seen him for two weeks.
    9. How long have you known him?
    10. I have already completed my homework.

    YanıtlaSil